HomeChatGalleryCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To The HighDef HD Gaming Clan Forum

Share | 

Came online after the HD clan started a game??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peacekeeper666
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/16/2010, 1:57 pm

If any of you guys come online after many of us HD guys are already in a game, try joining into our game. Most often there's at least one or two spots available which allows you to join. You never know. So give it a try.

A lot of times I"ll be in the middle of a game with the guys, then I'll get the notification that another HD member came online, and we have a spot in the squad to fill, but that person doesn't join and they get into another game. That may be cause they just want to play solo, and that's totally fine. But I'm just letting those that don't know, that they certainly have the option of simply going to the "Community" section of the menu, click on one of our names and click "Join Game".

Once you've joined into our game and we've finished that match we'll then add you to the group for all future games that night.

Anyways, just thought I'd post this. I love nothing more than playing with a whole HD squad Wink

See you on the battlefield!
-Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasicool

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/18/2010, 11:29 am

I like this idea... i have done it many times... please add me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.battlefieldgaming.tk
MaxXxamiL
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/18/2010, 12:00 pm

Excellent post, peace. I get members sending me 100's of "invite me to group" messages while i'm in a match. I'm not going to stop playing in that match to retrieve your message or invite you to the group while I'm playing. Get to the clan page, and join us in the game. That way:

-- You're not just sitting there waiting potentially for 20 minutes until we finish.
-- You're gaining xp points in the process.
-- You're still playing with your other clansmen.
-- You know exactly when we finish out of the game because we will finish together.
-- Someone will invite you to the group as soon as we're done.

And perhaps most importantly,

-- You're not making a friggin pest out of yourself.

Also, if you join us in the clan room and we're not currently in a game, there's no need to send a message saying "invite me".I've found the best way to get an invite is to you, yourself, invite someone to a group. That person will in turn decline your invitation and then invite you to the bigger or main group that every is currently in. Your invitation to them is just a signal that you are available and ready to play. They will invite you in.

Great post peace!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasicool

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/18/2010, 12:03 pm

I totally agree with all said here... I always love joining a game... unless theres like a minute left... then it is horrible... ill get like 10 xp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.battlefieldgaming.tk
MaxXxamiL
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/18/2010, 2:14 pm

Yeah, but that's 10 xp points more than you would've gotten had you not done anything. Plus, whats the big deal, nothing loss, 10 xp gained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peacekeeper666
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/18/2010, 3:09 pm

Some excellent points Max that further makes sense for all that just came online to benefit from joining our game! Smile

What I don't get is when I am in the game, and I receive a message to pls invite them to the next game, and I take the time of writing them back while I'm in my current game (it may be cause I'm too nice or simply cause i'm a fast typer lol), that yes we'll be done in exactly 5 minutes.

Then, once we've finished the game, I'll see that the member joined into ANOTHER game after msging many times to add them to our next one....I mean 5 minutes is not long to wait.

grrr. I don't get it. Oh well. Just my little vent.

Guys the point here is that we ALL joined a clan (and a GREAT one at that Wink)because we were sick of playing with randoms. Therefore why not join into our game/group so that we can all put some bullets in the enemies head as a team? Very Happy

-Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baka_player
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/19/2010, 12:00 pm

Excellent post Sam, also I would like to add something: it happens sometimes that 3 or 4 clan members log in at the same time and get on a group and then if you notice that somebody else is playing already send him a message,
Something as simple as "how long?" or "there's 4 of waiting for you".

If i'm playing by my self I rather quit the game that i'm already playing and join with my clan than stay with randoms.

Or send a message back saying how much time left there's on the game if it is 3 or 2 minutes left I'm sure your clan members wouldn't mind waiting 2 minutes.

I think good communication should be used outside the game as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
x_shadowhawk_x
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/19/2010, 12:03 pm

First off I do not think you can invite someone to a group that is in a group already. I have found that for the most part all of us do a good job of inviteing the members to the groups when we see them on. I do agree with Max that some of the clanmates need to realize that they wanted to join HD and that if they do not want to play with us then maybe they should stay solo. I know in Raven we have 3-4 guys that I have never seen online or see online but never group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ASmoothKillminal
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/19/2010, 12:05 pm

Yep 9 times out of 10 I will leave a game to join the clan, unless I am having a kick ass game.

Even if I don't quit the game I will usually send a message and tell everyone how much longer. If it's to long then go ahead and start up. I will catch up with you guys at the first chance I get.

make gif
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/adamfarguson
ASmoothKillminal
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/19/2010, 12:12 pm

@shadowhawk And that is something that we may need to address. When I posted the attention clan officers thread that was one of the points I wanted to make.

We are setup where we need good numbers in each PMC to make sure we have people online to group with. We don't have any strict rules on when and how much you have to play.That is one (of many) reasons this clan is AWESOME! So with that we need a larger group that way we are more assured of having multiple people on.

With all this said we don't want to just fill up a list. We do need to clean up a little bit when it is necessary. We need to reach out to the people who are not on or just never join the group and make sure that being apart of the clan is something they still want to do. So officers send these people a message or to asking if they would like to join, or if they are still interested in being apart of HD. If they ignore then they probably need to be kicked out.

make gif
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/adamfarguson
peacekeeper666
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   4/19/2010, 12:30 pm

Great posts Ricky and Adam. I totally agree with you guys.

Yes, communication certainly is key. Letting clan members know how much longer is left in their current game is great info.

I also have no problem leaving my match with randoms to join up with the rest of the crew.

The only thing with that is that I'll get the notification that a clan member signed on. However that doesn't mean they're playing MAG. So I won't get out of the game for that reason. Pls feel free to msg me and let me know you're interested in a clan game. I'll then quickly quit my match and join up. Again, communication is key here.

Many times while we're in the community room, and I know there's a couple HD guys in a game (and not in the same game mind you), I'll msg them off quickly, letting them know to join our group. We'll then give them a few minutes to quit their match. But I doubt many of us want to wait for over 5 minutes.

Also Shawdow I agree that there are some members that never want to join a group game even if they're not currently in a game and did get an invite. I will definitely be doing as Adam suggested and msg those members if they're still interested in being a clan.

I don't think our main goal with this clan is just to have a huge list of members. I believe our goal is to have a great list with players that are online more so than they are not, and those that are into having group games, and are willing to leave their game with randoms to join up with us.

If however those of you reading this feel that a clan is not for you, and would rather play solo, pls feel free to let us know. There is absolutely no hard feelings. Smile We will absolutely respect your decision. After all we don't want to be pests by constantly inviting you to join our group.

All in all, I feel our clan has quality members. Their 1st visible quality is their friendliness towards others, which makes the whole clan experience that much greater. Wink

-Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Came online after the HD clan started a game??   

Back to top Go down

Came online after the HD clan started a game??
Page 1 of 1