The History of HD!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MaxXxamiL
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: The History of HD!   4/12/2010, 9:30 pm

The History of HD

August 2002, Zipper Interactive introduces SOCOM: US Navy Seals, a military tactical third person shooting game that I just absolutely fell in love with. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, as soon as I saw the commercial advertising the game, I dropped everything I was doing and went to purchase it. I played the single player mode for about a week to familiarize myself with the game and controls, and also, to ease my way into this online gaming experience. SOCOM might’ve been my first foray onto online gaming. That following Saturday, at about 6pm, I decided to see what on-line game play was about. I logged on and found a room to play in on the Eastern server.

One of the names I noticed was some guy named Stalker. At the time, I thought nothing of it. About 4 hours later, after noticing all the other players come and go, Stalker and I were the only constant names that were still playing in the same room. He noticed also. We then made a conscience effort to play on each other teams, joining up either as a Seal or a terrorist. After 12 straight hours of playing together in the same room, one thing for sure happened; we both fell completely in love with Frostfire, (one of the maps from Socom). To this day, and I’m sure Stalker would say the exact same thing, Frostfire is still one of our favorite single maps from any game we’ve played since. At 6am Sunday morning, I was the first to have to call it quits for the night, well in this case, for the morning. I said my goodbyes and told him I had a blast and maybe we would hook again sometime. Well that “hook up” coincidentally came 5 hours later.

11am Sunday morning, I logged back in, went to a completely different Eastern server room, and noticed one of the names that was already in the room. This time though, it read (HD)Stalker. I wasn’t sure if it was him, but it had to be. He must’ve joined a clan after I logged out this morning. So I asked him, (and strangely enough, I remember our exact exchange), “Is this the same Stalker that I played with last night for 12 hours?” He said, “Yeah, it is. What’s up Max?” I then asked him if he joined a clan and he said no, he just made one up called “The Hell Dogs”. It was just him and he hadn’t asked anyone else to join. He asked me if I wanted to join him and I said sure. Zipper released SOCOM: US Navy Seals on Tuesday, August 27, 2002. The Hell Dogs were created on Sunday, September 1, 2002. Its founding member and first recruit are still gaming together in 2010. Not only was a commitment to forever game together as Hell Dogs made, but also, 2 very close lifelong friends were born.

Allot can happen in 8 ½ years. Stalker and I have served as each other’s therapist on many occasions. I know we helped each other through the lose of each one of our parents; My dad in 2003, and tragically his mom and step-dad just a few years ago. For that reason, The Hell Dogs are special to us, especially to Stalker, because it was his mom that gave us our first logo. As you can see, she was a very skilled graphic artist.

~~~ Click Pic ~~~

~~~ Click Pic ~~~

My daughter, who is 8 years old, looks for Stalker online when I’m playing and always wants to say hello to him. My bad marriage, his tumultuous relationships and everything else you can imagine, we’ve been there for each. Many late night gaming sessions on the PS2 were more helping the other over a family or work crisis than actually playing a game. Thank God for web cams, otherwise, we’d never know what the other one looks like. I guess what I’m saying here is that HD for us is more than just about games. We’ve built something special and hopefully, maybe we can share that with you.

The Hell Dogs have seen many members come and go. Many gamers of varying skill levels have played with us. Some have even tried to take us over. In fact, we still have our original yahoo group up and running. If anyone is curious and want to see where we were 8 years ago,
Click Here. Some of our old members are still apart of us, just not gaming right now; like Marty97, Cole2088, Razor, imtheonlylp2k1 and Lanky Lefty. Some of our more notable members were MarylandMan, (who played while his girl/wife gave him blow jobs), Tipsy, (who was a 16 year old who stayed drunk all the time and wound up crying before every gaming session ended. He had just lost his mom at the time, so he was a little sensitive), HarleyMan, and Skewledya, who by the way, still to this day, was the best Socom player I’ve ever experienced, just a phenomenal gaming talent. The problem we had with Skewl, was that he knew how good he was and constantly put our lesser members down. We went through a period where allot of our members were quitting because they couldn’t put up with his attitude on the mic towards the rest of us. There have been many members and only a few mainstays, but one thing has remained constant; Stalker & MaxXx!!!

HD has evolved into a mature clan. Currently, I’m 43 and Stalker, 36. As I mentioned earlier, we’ve had many members of all ages and maturity levels. We’ve come across many adult gamers who expressed an interest in playing with other adult gamers and a total dissatisfaction of playing with kids. We’ve all had our experiences playing with the loud squeaky voiced potty-mouthed kids who refer to everything as being “gay”, and who just won’t shut up. It was our desire to build a clan that was made up of primarily grown men and women, who didn’t take the game that seriously but when they sat down to play a grown person’s game, played with other grown people who wanted to play the game the way the game was intended, and to do well while within the confines of a team element. I think we’ve certainly created that element with this current crew we have playing now.

It has always been a goal of ours to grow HD into a multi-gaming clan with many members. Personally, I’ve researched online clan tournament sites for several games and have always desired to participate in them. Stalker and I have played in many 2-man Socom tournaments at www.gamebattles.com. I would love to see HD as we have it today, sign up and play in some of those MAG matches they now have running or whatever other games they currently have. It takes whatever game you’re playing to a whole new level. Ultimately, I would absolutely love to join the PGL, The Professional Gamers League. There, they compete for cash prizes and world rankings. If I had a vision, and I do, I would want to see an HD Gaming presence in tournament play.

At present, MAG is officially the 3rd. title that HD has crossed over into. (I’m counting the entire Socom Franchise as 1 title. We’ve played them all). Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. was the 2nd but our presence was very minor. The Hell Dogs have evolved into HighDef Gaming, simply because the MAG servers wouldn’t allow us to have the word Hell in our name. So HighDef we became. It remains to be seen if the original Hell Dogs moniker will resurface. Frankly, if we take this clan where I envision us going, and attracting the gamers that we are well on our way of attracting, I think (HD)HighDef Gaming is more fitting and attractive to new members of all walks of life. (Plus, HighDef fits us perfectly; in the early years, both Stalker and I, “Definitely” stayed “High” while we played Socm 1, 2 and 3, into the wee hours of the morning).

At the time of writing this, HD has more than 50 members and growing. People are witnessing how well we play together, how much success we’ve been having, and more importantly, how much fun we have, that they’re just asking to be part of what we are building. It seems like every time 4 or 5 of us play together, someone outside of the clan wants us to invite them into our world. I see beautiful things in the future for HD.

ASmoothKillminal has done a wonderful job in getting us our current message board. On the horizon is a full-fledged website that will compliment the current forum. Our roster of officers is filled with very strong leadership and each are exceptional gamers. There has already been major interest in crossing over into other games, and I’m sure I won’t have to twist anyone’s arms to join us at the Gamebattles.com tournament site, when the time comes.

I envision HD being the place where every serious adult gamer wants to play. We don’t have many rules. We all have outside interest, have families and responsibilities, and other things that from time to time will pull us away from the game. But when it’s time to sit down and relax, I want to do it with my mates. Stalker1974, as you are called these days, the last 8 ½ years have been a blast. I look forward to the next 8 plus.

Max-X-x-amiL
4/12/2010
afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saturnsky
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   4/14/2010, 8:06 am

Well put Maxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peacekeeper666
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   4/14/2010, 12:57 pm

Wow that was a great post. It's definitely interesting to know what brought HD to life.

I'm definitely sorry however to hear about you and Stalkers loss of your parent(s). That's definitely hard, and I don't know what I'd do if I went through that. It's good to know you guys were there for each other. Always helps.

This clan/group certainly has a lot of friendly/talented players on it, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

All the best to you all!
-Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baka_player
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   4/14/2010, 6:10 pm

Thanks for sharing that story with us max, it is nice to see that there is friendship and respect betwen the gamers in this clan i know i said it before but i really love being part of this clan and i look foward to play with you one day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaxXxamiL
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   4/16/2010, 9:20 pm

Thanks everyone. This means allot allot to me. I'm sure I speak for Stalker also when I say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasicool

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   4/18/2010, 8:57 am

I would really like to congratulate you guys.. great clan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.battlefieldgaming.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History of HD!   

Back to top Go down

The History of HD!
Page 1 of 1